The Burren (from the Gaelic word Boireann which means "stony place") is an area covered with limestone rock which features some majestic spiral shaped mountains and tranquil valleys with
gently meandering streams.
With its innate sense of spiritual peace, extraordinary array of flora and wildlife, megalithic tombs and monuments older than Egypt's pyramids, the Burren creates a tapestry of colour and a seductively magical aura which few people leave without wanting to experience again.
Our favourite spots in the Burren
- The Burren Coast Road (between Ballyvaughan and Doolin)
- Poulnabrone Dolmen
- Mullaghmore Mountain
- Doolin Cave (more information here)
- The Burren Perfumery (more information here)
- The Burren Centre in Kilfernoa (official website here)
- Caherconnell Stone Fort & Sheepdog demonstrations (official website here)
- Father Ted's House (official website here)
Kate's Place B&B is closed and we are not taking bookings.
However, Charles is still welcoming visitors in the family home on an airbnb basis (offering a spare room to travellers in a non professional fashion). For more information please visit The Guest Room's website or send an email to Charles at email@example.com
We are active on different social medias so if you'd like to follow us please click on the icons below !